Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Clear

The sky looks fake today
and something strange
hangs above the trees like
the words y'spoke to me.

Dazed like haze floating in and out
of my lungs: A struggle.
Following rooftops over buildings over
any real trees you might find in a
godforsaken desert city.

"Again: a goal."

Feel like I could float right through it and watch as
all the miniscule little schoolkids run home,
bogged down by the heavy load the air keeps
pressing down on their tiny little heads.

But I wouldn't last long and would
fall just like Icarus: Get burnt up hard while
falling through the sky.
And if you promise to recognize my melted skin
and face, then I promise whatever I need to
just to give my self a place to
come back to.

'Cause I'll be back once I'm done
flying through the sickly open fake skies,
waiting for the shirt on my back to burn up
like a message from the heavens,
like, "Maybe, just for now, I'll put you down."


No comments:

Post a Comment