Sunday, September 12, 2010

Getting Lost on Some Lonely Streets

The air sparks hard tonight and
While I waited for some comfort of some sort
from the air hovering around me,
I realized I'd lost myself again.

(And you can blame the red eyes on the allergies)

"My car is a murder weapon.
My windshield is an axe,
Spilling the life of insects all over it."

I'm fucking disgusting.

I can get lost on any street you pick for me,
even if I drove it before.

The days are shit,
the nights are worse,
and the more I leave to look around,
the more lost I get.
And every time I get back,
It's a new place,
new town
new people
new name
new face.
Lost.

On some desolate dark street
watching the people stare back at me on benches
wondering what the gasping noises are
coming from my mouth
and why my body keeps
shaking and shuddering
and won't fucking stop
until you tell me to calm down,
and hold me while I calm down,
and please make everything better.
Just wave your hand and change
everything around me
like you used to do for me
any time
any place.
Fucking hold me and tell me
You'll be with me soon
because I can't fucking stand to
be alone for this long.

No comments:

Post a Comment