Sunday, September 12, 2010

Wasting and Titus

Blame it on allergies,
or things stuck in my eyes,
like the countless bugs I've
been encountering practically
every time that I leave my room
for a smoke or a walk or a breath
of something outside.

My eyes are red from what I've been
watching happen as I drift between
consciences and different states in my
head. And I won't stop thinking about
my dreams. And my allergies are real
enough to make you think its just the
pests hanging in the air, waiting for me.
Because at least someone's waiting for me.

And I heard Titus sing to me,
"So I'm saying goodbye, and no, I won't forget to write. It's just been too long racing towards a yellow light, and I know that I say this every night, but I don't think I've ever been so tired of life."

And finding new places and wasting more gas
was supposed to help me find me in places I'd
enjoy more than empty trees and half-suns in
the skies but I'm already tired from not sleeping
each night and I've got to wonder just how long

Just how long it might be before something
finally comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment