Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Make Good Speed Alone

(scatterbrainedforthisone.disculpe)

.שלום
Did I tell you?
I'm finally leaving.
And all packed up and
All goodbyed and
Alright,
Alright.
(Probably happy, just hidin' it)
Because you have to be to be leaving a place like here.

But I spent too much time away already,
And from there, at night, you can see the world curve behind the pull of the moon over the waves. And the tide goes up and down like the puppet it is just pulled up and down up and down and you find that there's more beneath the water as it gets pulled up and down up and down.

And I'm leaving town like a business transaction.
There's always more to do,
More paperwork to fill,
More things to return
Before the deal is good.
(And what's gonna happen when it don't work out so good?)

Scratchin' those lotto tickets every night
Must stick that sound in your head like
"Crrch shshshshshshshshsh crrrshhhshshsh"
Blind luck, grasping at
Blind luck, grasping at
Nothin' much,
Not anymore.

But I make good speed alone,
And I figure that I'll make it in time,
And I figure I'll be alright ("We'll be alright.")

But I guess you have to promise me that
The whole trip I won't be alone.
And that on one of the stops, you'll be there
to say something to me so that I'll stop talking to myself
in languages no one else cares to
and no one else wants to.
Tell me you want to,
And the trip won't go by so slow.

But if it does,
and even if,
Then prometerme que you'll be here,
or there,
or where
you need to be.
Just be there.

And if I make good enough time,
I'll be back.
"And if I don't come back, I mean, if I get sidetracked, it's only 'cause I wanted to."
And I'll do what I can just to prove that to you.

Headin' out.

No comments:

Post a Comment