Saturday, August 28, 2010

Turns out

Turns out when the time zones changed, so did I.
And when I crossed the state,
the road fell away behind me.
And now think of all the people
stuck in their cars behind crumbling roads,
because no one wants to drive them.

And it turns out that its my fault,
and whatever and whatever and
whatever, but with enough deep breaths,
You can shrug it off your shoulders,
y'know,
Begin again.

And tracing footsteps back and forth each day,
And running familiar circles each day,
And thinking same thoughts each day.
But with enough deep breaths,
they'll all just fly,
fuckin' fly away.

And goddamn,
Turns out trees die if you give them enough time.
Turns out lights fall the same.
And it turns out that that's all that matters,
just to pull it together.

And I'm pulling it together,
And taking more deep breaths,
And probably living longer.
And I can forget about whatever I killed
behind me, and start wondering what I might kill
ahead of me.
Because the future's what matters, in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment