Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Told me, "

Well, you know how it is now. And that things that happen are just happening, and pasa lo que pasa, and there's not much to do. But I know that eventually I'll see you, probably. I mean, you know how it is now. But I meant to say that, you know, you just have to wait. Remember, I said, 'Maybe we should talk about this another time...,' a better time. And I meant it. But I don't think it's come. And I think maybe too much has come in between then and now, and maybe the time even passed. But you were wrapped up in the things you were doing, and I wasn't much, but I was OK with it and things just turned out this way."

"But, you know, everything's shit, and I hope that things eventually work out for you. Because they should, right? Because they should. And, you know, everything is shit and there's nothing to do about it but get used to it because there's nothing else to do. What can you do but get used to it? But I think I might trace my path across the states and see what happens, you know? (I never thought I talked like this until I started thinking about what I was saying, you know what I mean?) And I hope if I trace some sort of shitty figurative path I'll find my way to somewhere else, you know. Somewhere worth coming back to. And I thought it was you, here, and then when I was wrong I shut down. But you should know how long you were the path back, the porch light, the last house- y'know.. where I needed to be."

"But everything will happen right, right? Because that's what happens. It always works out how it's supposed to, even if it doesn't feel right, because how else could it work out but the way that was set out in the ground. Like that path, there's a path there, and it may be further from me, but it's taking you somewhere better, right?"

"And I know you think you meant it, or maybe you meant it, and hopefully you really did, and hopefully- but afterwards it will come down to how everything since this point has gone to shit, even if everything was shit before, it's a downhill slide from every point. The ones worth remembering, at least, you know?"

"And from now on it's probably just best to not remember the remembering points, right? I mean, if all you're going to do with your life is remember then you're going to live a lot of blank years alone."

"And I never figured I'd live much else than that. But something will come along, like you said. A new path, y'know. It'll be shit like all the other paths except that one, but that one probably passed or got covered up by brush and the forest service won't cut it back anymore because I'm not supposed to go back down it anymore, but if I get used to it, then that's what I can look forward to, and low enough, low enough it'll be like everything is better than it is. From that low you can see the stars, and I guess that's why poverty makes people appreciate life, because from that low you can enjoy what's around you. Because you have to. So here I go, having to have to like I'll enjoy it while I have to, and I will because you tell me to, because that's what matters, right? That at least I'm listening? That I always am and always was and I hope you remember that when I come back down another path, maybe you can find a way to reach mine from yours because maybe a new me will be better for an old you and then your new you will find new me the same as old you finds old me. Grow apart, y'know. But that's OK, because here I go. But it won't be for long. But it'll be for long enough, y'know?"

No comments:

Post a Comment