Monday, August 30, 2010

Over time.

Was gonna say how the clouds looked angry,
or the sky made purple behind the rain,
but was too dark to get a picture, so I just believed in it
and watched as drops hit my eyes,
like drops hit the lake.

And I couldn't get a picture so
I figured I'd keep it to myself so
That you couldn't figure out how
it really looked,
in my eyes, at least.

Was gonna say how the streetlights go out
cada vez que yo los paso.
And though you wouldn't believe that it's my brainwaves,
you'd maybe believe that it happens.

But I don't try that anymore.
Lost the mystic's mind when those god damned drops
of acid rain fell into my eyes.
And made me realize a new picture of
the things hidden behind the clouds,
far up, past god, or whatever that thing built.
Out further than ex-Pluto where things freeze,
and makes you see a lot more clearly
how well everyone's off
and how sad everyone's off.

And so was gonna say that maybe you should be here
with me so that I can show you the purple acid rain
and when it blinds you, say sorry and watch what happens
when you change into me, slowly,
but surely,
but slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment