Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Shoppin' for

Went shopping but
Forgot to buy food and now
I'm just livin' off what
Air decides to float on
In to my throat.

I'll take it as it is while
I watch the rest of what I've got
Burn down behind me like
Lot's wife:
Getting curious.

I'll be a pillar of salt while
You just stand and look as if
I were some piece of mangled art
Sitting in an empty museum.

And that's what I'll do
For the rest of my life, is
Watch while I let you take from me
Everything I'd been trying to-
Trying to-
Fuckin' trying to do.

And sit back helpless as
Everything around me falls like
More unstable pillars of salt that
You couldn't even build with
Your own hands.

Just blame it on me.

'Cause I'll sit there and take it like
A pillar of salt would, like
I always would, even if
I weren't stuck here for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment